Friday 6 January 2023

Fnurban #22 : Does Anyone Want These ?

Hello all, I've been having a bit of a new year tidy-up and came across the following - sprues of hard plastic 28mm WW2 figures.  Freebies from hobby magazines in the past year or two - probably Wargames Illustrated. They are as follows: 

(1) Warlord Games 'Bolt Action'  Late War British and Canadian Infantry(2020), There is a code number : 4030300011. 

 

(2) Warlord Games 'Bolt Action' Afrika Korps (2018) Code number 4030100016.


(3) Wargames Atlantic Panzer Lehr  ( 2021 )  Code WAAWA002

There looks to be the potential to make 6 figures for each sprue - though I wouldn't swear to it, as there are just so many pieces!  I don't need them, as my small WW2 collection is good old-school 20mm, and I don't have the patience for assembling these before even getting an undercoat on them!  But of course, they may be right up someone else's street - at the very least there are lots of potential 'spares' here - and it would be a shame to just throw them away. 

SO - if you are in the UK and can find a use for any of these, please get in touch via the comments, just give me your email address ( I won't publish the comment ) and I'll be in touch to get your postal address. There's no charge, it'll only need a second class stamp so I'll cover that, just to see these go to a good home. First come, first served..  BUT as I say, UK only please, sorry it will be too expensive to   post them abroad.  Also bear in mind that I was told by a friend today ( 6th January ) that they had just received my Xmas card, which I think posted on about 9th December... so we won't assume quick delivery in the current climate. 

If you are also a blogger, I hope you can show the world what a splendid job you make of  painting and assembly, and maybe even how they subsequently perform on the battlefield.. 

I'll wait for the comment(s)  to flood in ( Mrs Trellis, are you out there ? ). Meanwhile keep well, everyone.   

*** UPDATE: I'm glad to say Mark 'Man of Tin'  has taken up my offer of these,  says he hopes to transform them into VBCW / Imaginations troops in due course this year as a small ahistorical Skirmish Force , and that  he will eventually post on his blog describing what he does with them. I have posted them off, hopefully they will arrive OK and be of some use to Mark!  ***



 

4 comments:

  1. I don't want the goodies David. I have too much already for my slow production rate. But it looks like you've started a new year stock take and tidy up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RIchard, no worries. I have indeed been having a bit of a New Year tidy-up! Shame no-one seems to want these, but I;ll leave the offer open.

      Delete
  2. Dear David in Suffolk, if no one else wants them, I will happily give them a home in my bits box to transform them into VBCW / Imaginations troops in due course this year as a small ahistorical Skirmish Force. A shame to throw them away. Thank you very much (no rush). Mark Man Of TIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, you have restored my faith in the blogging community! Glad they can be put to good use; I'll use your blog's Contact form to get in touch re:postage.

      Delete