Thursday 10 December 2020

More Affordable Housing

Just a quick update following my earlier post about model buildings :  I popped in to my local branch of The Works the other day, and they did indeed have some more of their  'Light-Up Wooden House'  table decorations for sale. 

the cute deer has to go, though
 

Slightly different to earlier models, perhaps a bit more fussy, but still  useful looking. And £3 each was a good price, I thought - until I reached the till, and was informed they are currently on offer , two for the price of one!

So, if you like the look of them, hurry on down to your local.. etc 

I will give these the same simple paint job as I did with my earlier examples, and they should be ready for a bit of  'twas the night before Xmas' gaming fun in the near future.

No further forward with gaming recently, alas - time and space, dear boy - but a few ideas being mulled over for future games and posts here.  Until then, keep safe and well, everyone.

  

 


4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you taking care of those ‘left behind’ with your affordable housing. It’s like a return to the 70s with that and your Minifigs collection. And I mean that in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sadly the inhabitants of these houses are doomed to be serial refugees, as their homes are repeatedly fought over by various armies..
      I think there is a very large element of nostalgia in what I am doing, perhaps not so much re-creating the wars of times gone by as re-creating the memories of my own earlier years. Which I am enjoying very much!
      ( btw I was impressed by one of your 'walks' posts earlier this year where you discussed social housing, must have another look at that ).

      Delete
  2. Excellent purchase, they will be most useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, and yes I think they will! Aiming for a little Xmas diversion using them..

      Delete