Thursday 3 March 2022

Fnurban #13: Do They Mean Us?

I thought a change of tone might be required: I just happened to see the below post when 'doomscrolling' in the random search page on Instagram.  I think it's referring to how ladies might beware of certain  gentlemen they might meet on Tumblr, which I am informed is "an American microblogging and social networking website" ,  presumably used by young persons.

Anyway - do they mean us? 


 Do you know anyone fitting that description? Surely not..

 

Many thanks to all who viewed and/or commented on my previous post, which rather surprisingly turned out to be the most-viewed post on this blog ( aside from those affected by 'the great Swedish bot  attack' last summer).  I hope my thoughts may have been of interest  to some of you. 

Of course the situation in Ukraine continues to be horrible and tragic, and a million people have fled to neighbouring countries, creating a huge humanitarian emergency.  In the UK, The Disasters Emergency Committee 'brings together 15 leading UK aid charities, raising funds to quickly and effectively respond to overseas disasters' - they have set up a Ukraine appeal, and their website, through which British readers who are so minded  can make donations, is here : https://www.dec.org.uk/ 

Next time  we will finally re-join the Soldier King campaign as battle continues at Zouache. Meanwhile, I salute the bravery of the people of Ukraine.  Keep safe and well, everyone. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Yes. Do they allow people of our age on Instantgran then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they've not found me out yet..I don't do hobby stuff there but I do follow Alan 'Tradgardmastare', and I have even had the odd 'like' from none other than Mike Siggins, who posts pics of his fantastic model-making work, mainly model railway related.

      Delete
  2. LOL - are they concerned that on their first date they may be bored to tears over a detailed analysis of why the first day of the Somme was actually the only option the British had open to them at that time...OR are they concerned people who are too interested in WW2 might turn out to be neo Nazis who deny the Holocaust..?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, indeed - I would say the fourth example would be 'bored to tears' ( which my partner would probably vouch for ) and the third one might have a Waffen-SS 're-enactor' uniform in the wardrobe..

      Delete